WiDS Livermore is an independent event organized by LLNL ambassadors to coincide with the annual global Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference held at Stanford University and an estimated 150+ locations worldwide. All genders are invited to attend WiDS regional events, which features outstanding women doing outstanding work.
The global WiDS Conference aims to inspire and educate data scientists worldwide, regardless of gender, and to support women in the field. This one-day technical conference provides an opportunity to hear about the latest data science related research and applications in a number of domains, and connect with others in the field. The program features thought leaders covering a wide range of domains from data ethics and privacy, healthcare, data visualization, and more.
- Welcome & agenda
- Marisol Gamboa: Data Science on a Mission
- Alyson Fox: Collaborative Autonomy Work in Unreliable Computing Environments
- Kathleen Schmidt: Sensitivity Analysis: Quantifying What Matters
- Kelli Humbird: Machine Learning-Guided Discovery and Design for Inertial Confinement Fusion
- Giuliana Pallotta: Multi-Frequency Analysis of Modeled-Versus-Observed Variability in Tropospheric Temperature
Learn more about WiDS: